The long-life span and versatility of tile floors make them popular with business and homeowners. There are several ceramic tile styles in the marketplace, even some which mimic the appearance of other styles of flooring. For instance, a property owner might love the appearance of bamboo floors yet feel that they aren’t durable enough for their unique needs. They could instead pick a ceramic tile which mimics the appearance of wood floors yet might be more durable. But that does not mean tile flooring is indestructible or is going to last forever.
No matter why tile initially was selected for your home or business, the time might come where you find that tile worn out, outdated, or just no longer fits your style. Ceramic tile removal is the only method of resolving this problem and making yourself as the property owner satisfied.
Tile Repair vs. Removal
Tile repair isn’t a popular option with business owners and homeowners for several reasons. While it may seem attractive at first, there are a couple of reasons that repair is not the best solution to handle broken or cracked tiles, which includes:
- Repair work cannot replicate the natural bonds existing in the ceramic material and will just help the cracked or broken tiles remain in place for a brief period of time.
- Repairs act as a temporary patch to a bigger issue that will just grow worse over time.
- Homeowners oftentimes find repairs wind up looking obvious and unattractive.
- Repaired tiles may sit unevenly, as well as cause the flooring to slant in specific spaces.
- Repair work might take a long period of time, create a ton of dust and wind up costing more than expected.
The time and cost spent on attempting to fix damage to tile flooring surfaces are oftentimes better spent upon removing the whole floor and having a new surface put in. This process may be a lot faster than you know and is certain to provide better results.
For more information on our carpet and damaged flooring removal services contact Louie’s Cleaning and Disaster Restoration today!